I know working with my child's teacher matters, but I'm not sure I'm doing it right.
Nearly every parent who signs up for this course does so for one of two reasons:
- They feel like their own experience in school could have been so much better if their parents had engaged differently.
- They know parent engagement is important, but they admittedly have no idea when, where or how to engage in a way that gives their child every advantage.
Whatever your reason, you're in the right place. By simply being here, logged on, doing this work, you're doing the right thing. So close your eyes, take a deep breath and see yourself going in the right direction.
You got this! And I got you!
You know it’s important to establish a relationship with your child’s teacher, but you’re not exactly sure how to do that. You don’t want to be that parent, but you do want to make sure that your child is getting the most out of his/her time at school.
So how do you establish and maintain a partnership with your child's teacher based on trust and honest communication?
After you take The Essential Partnership: Championing Your Child's Success in School, there'll be
- No more sitting behind the computer starting and stopping emails to your child's teacher for fear of saying the wrong thing. We give you the template for the first email you should send your child's teacher, along with 8 others you can use to request conferences, ask for additional information, follow-up on a previous requests, ask for the teacher's side of the story, etc.
- No more walking out of parent conferences feeling like you didn't get any useful information. We help you understand how to request, lead and get the most out of teacher conferences.
- No more meaningless number grades or end of year surprises. We give you documents to help you track your child's progress throughout the year, so you know exact how your child is performing.
- No more feeling like you don't know how to build the most important relationship to ensure your child gets the best education. We teach you how to feel comfortable forming the most important relationship--the relationship with your child's teachers.
Get started now!
StartHelp! I'm nervous, scared or anxious about working with my child's teacher. (5:36)
StartWhat My First Marital Spat Taught Me About Working With My Child's Teacher (4:44)
StartLet's Get to It! Laying the Foundation for a Great Partnership (13:04)
StartThe Critical Four: 4-Part Framework for Communication (18:54)
StartHere's What to Take Into Your First Parent-Teacher Conversation (12:39)
StartHelp! I'm not sure what type of things I should share with my child's teacher! (3:01)
My name is Aisha, and my goal is to help you get the best education for your child. I teach parents how to choose the right schools, engage with their child's teachers and give their children the tools they need to be successful in school and in life. I've spent nearly 20 years in education as a teacher, administrator and non-profit executive at Teach For America and have spent my life learning how best to serve children and their families. I'm a native Houstonian with a B.A. in English from Trinity University (go Tigers!) and a M.A. in Educational Leadership from Columbia University. But more important than any of that, I'm excited to help you get the education your child deserves.